Search

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon Monoxide Cautions - Include Outdoors


22 people in an Omaha home were sent to the hospital earlier this week with carbon monoxide poisoning.


Area first responders regularly caution us about use of carbon monoxide detectors. The odorless, colorless gas can be emitted from a variety of sources such as gas dryers, water heaters, car exhaust in an unvented garage.


Now the Iowa Department of Natural Resources is encouraging boaters to have a marine carbon monoxide detector on water craft. Motor and generator exhaust can cause headache, dizziness, weakness and loss of consciousness – greatly increasing the possibility of drowning. More information can be found online at iowadnr.gov.




4 views