TRASH CAN FIRE PROMPTS CONCERN ABOUT PROPER DISPOSAL OF SPENT FIREWORKS AND MEDICAL CALLS ON BVFD SU

A possible stroke, chest pain, injuries from a fall and difficulty breathing are among the reasons for calls to the Blair Volunteer Fire Department.


The most recent activity summary includes a trash can on fire. That latter item prompts Blair Fire Chief Dave Aten to remind us that disposing of spent fireworks in a trash can, especially one near a structure, could be hazardous, he recommends having a bucket of water to fully douse fireworks remains.


Those bits and pieces are still flammable and could reignite.



0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All